What is a concussion?
A concussion is the most frequent and least severe form of cranial injuries. It is generally caused by a hit, a deceleration or a strong compression on the skull, all of which result in movement of the brain inside the head. As a consequence, damage to the nerves occurs, more specifically, a stretching of the axons.
What are the most common signs and symptoms of a concussion?
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Temporary memory loss
- Vision problems
- Confusion accompanied by headaches
- Neck problems, balance problems
How do we treat a concussion?
Rehabilitation from a concussion goes much further than merely resting afterwards. An early intervention by expert physiotherapists with advanced training will ensure:
- a full and rapid recovery
- a safe return to sports and work
We also offer:
- the most complete *Baseline* tests
- FREE training for coaches and team personnel
PhysioOutaouais is a leader in the area of concussions. Consult the physiotherapy experts in concussion management.
(In collaboration with CCMI)