Since our very beginning, we have always had physiotherapist-clinicians who were also under the employ of the University of Ottawa in the department of physiotherapy. This is an excellent way to remain in contact with scientific developments and this to the benefit of our patients.
Each year we welcome on average three to five trainees in physiotherapy. We believe that it is our duty to use our expertise to help develop future graduates. It cannot be denied that due to our involvement in teaching and being a recognized establishment for trainees we are privileged to identify the best elements who will graduate from the University of Ottawa. Furthermore, several of our clinicians had previously been in our clinics as trainees.
On a regular basis, we are solicited to participate in various research projects conducted by universities from Quebec and Ontario. We are open to these collaborations which we know to be extremely important for the advancement of the science of physiotherapy and consequently, of medicine.
Our involvement in research never compromises the quality of our services. No research with the goal of analyzing the efficiency of one treatment in relation to another is accepted at PHYSIOOUTAOUAIS. We expect to participate primarily in the verification of instrumentation and in clinical tests.
Professional and Community
- 1999 Pan-American Games in Winnipeg
- President of the health committee for the Francophone Games 2001
- Sports medicine coordinator for the Canadian National Men’s Volleyball Team
- Member of various ad hoc committees for the Ordre Professionel des physiotherapeutes du Québec (OPPQ)
- Instigator for the re-instatement of the Fédération des physiothérapeutes en pratique privée du Québec (FPPPQ)
- Vice-president of the Fédération des physiothérapeutes en pratique privée du Québec (FPPPQ)
- Consultant expert for the Jeux du Québec finals – Gatineau 2010
- Head of communications of OPPQ
- Regional head of the FPPPQ
- Volunteer physiotherapist for the Memorial Cup, Hull 1998
- Director of the health committee for the major fund raising campaign of the CHVO; “Pour un hôpital en santé”
We are close to you.