What is Arthrosis?
Arthrosis is the most common form of arthritis, also known as osteoarthritis. It is caused by the deterioration of cartilage, the elastic tissue that covers and protects bone surfaces where they join in the form of articulations; such as, knees, hips, back and hands.
What are the most common symptoms?
- Pain during physical activity
- Joint sensitivity upon contact
- Joint stiffness, particularly upon wakening or after a period of immobility
- Gradual loss of amplitude or flexibility in the affected joint
If you recognize any of these symptoms in yourself or if you have received a diagnosis confirming this disease, our physiotherapists can help by intervening on different levels:
- Education in the principles of joint protection
- Pain relief
- Delaying of the degenerative process
- Regaining of mobility and amplitude of movement
Treatment of Arthrosis at PHYSIOOUTAOUAIS
If you are suffering from arthrosis (osteoarthritis), we would be pleased to evaluate your condition and help orient you towards SAFE, effective treatments adapted to your needs:
- Joint Mobilization
- Manual Therapy
- Joint mobility exercises
- Muscular control exercises
- Strength exercises